{Lifestyle} Body Confidence

Saturday, July 25, 2015

"One day I had to sit down with myself and decide that I loved myself no matter what my body looked like and what other people thought about my body." - Gabourey Sidibe

This is going to be a more difficult post to write because I do still struggle with this every single day. But, I have the most supporting and loving boyfriend, who is constantly sending me sweet messages, encouraging me to love myself. And shoutout to him because it is our 4 months today, small milestone but it's been so wonderful.


1. Change your inner voice

Replace negative thoughts with positive ones. Shift your focus from what your body looks like to what it does, and what it can do. Tell yourself how proud you are of what your body can do, positive thoughts will outshine the negative ones. 

2. Surround yourself with positive people

Positivity spreads like wildfire. Having negative people in your life will reflect within you, someone else's body hate will influence you, and how you think about your body without even really realizing it. Also, stop "fat talk" among friends, support each other on not-so-confident days. 

3. Look good, feel good

Feeling good internally can boost your self esteem and confidence. Take care of yourself in ways hat make you feel good, if you don't like going to the gym alone, try taking a zumba class and it gives you a new chance to make new friends. Identify parts of your body that you love, and focus on those parts on days that you don't feel confident. 

4. Dress to impress

Wearing your favorite clothing pieces, and dressing true to your own personal style and this will give you confidence. Personally, heels are something that definitely give me confidence, they help me to be more conscious of my posture, and hold my head high. Another tip that works for me is to wear matching bra and pantie sets. I'm not sure why,  but knowing that they match brings me confidence.

5. Accepting compliments

This is something that I find really hard. Especially on days where I don't feel pretty and I get a compliment my first thought is "yeah, right" but I need to remember that someone is complimenting me and that they do think I'm pretty and I should accept it gracefully. And they can definitely boost your confidence. 




Image found here

XOXO

Kelsey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)