{LIfestyle: Book Review} Make it happen by Lara Casey

Friday, June 26, 2015

HELLO BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE- Happy Friday! I am sure you all are just as excited as I am to have the well deserved weekend here. Today I have something a little different for you but awesome all the same and that is actually a book review. It is not a fashion or art book, but a book on Christian Life for Women.  Now, if that turns you away, that is not a big deal, but at least read what I have to say about the book, because it DOES have helpful ways of taking control of your life and living the life you have dreamed of and really desire. {BTW, my nail polish, if you are wondering, is "Go Overboard" by Essie}

Let me tell you, this book has changed my life. If you are a Christian, you know your walk with Christ is SO SO SO important, and sometimes it is hard to feel connected to Him, and there are occasions you might feel like going "where are you"? By praying, reading, and working through this book with lots of my notes and prayers and personal comments, I feel closer to Him. I am one who really feels connected to God through really good books, and this was definitely one of those books. I am going to let my best friend, Kate, read the book and once she is done I am going to re-read it because it just has really changed my life. {And can you like pause for a moment with me on how GORGEOUS this cover is!? I'm in love}


Lara tells her story throughout the book, through trials and errors and lots of experience she is working to figure out what God wants her to do with her life, and getting to read her story is really quite inspiring to me. The last paragraph on the back cover says "Your time has come to take a leap of faith. Join me as we surrender our fears, end the chase for perfection, and say yes to cultivating the meaningful lives God desires for us." 

End the chase for perfection. That line ended up being part of the reason that I choose this book. I'm sure all of us, I know I do this, compares ourselves to others... a lot. So much more than we should, and it is sad that we do that. Because we shouldn't. Each of us live a little differently, and we end up jealous of other peoples "perfect" lives we see on Instagram and Facebook and all those social media sites. Social media is good for some purposes, but there is a darker side, that leads to insecurities, jealousy and unhappiness. I admit to trying to take the "perfect" photos for Instagram (I prefer Instagram over Facebook anyday), and it is so unhealthy for me. I need to be thankful for my own life  body, family, job, choice of career, physical state, etc. And if I don't like something, then I need to work on making what I want happen. And that is what this book helps me to do. There are sections to answer questions in the book, and at the end of each chapter there are "Take Action" boxes where she gives helpful, I would say "prompts" to get to on your way. 


This book is phenomenal. I've never done a book review before, so I hope I covered it okay. 

Was it a good book?

YES
Would you recommend it?

YES
What did you like about it?

I would say my favorite thing was Lara's story, and how real she is and so personable. She struggled too, so to see someone elses struggles turned into a success is amazing. 
What did you dislike?

I loved everything, there was not one page I didn't like. 

XOXO, 

Kelsey 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)