Finals Week: A+ Style

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A+ Style





I'm sure the same is happening across a multitude of colleges this week and the upcoming week... its FINALS WEEK. 

I have had two finals already, one on monday and one yesterday. My last one is on Friday (then right after I get to go home! Wahoo!), I should be studying for it but it will be a easy one so I'm not really worried, and this post won't take long to write. 
So above^^ I did a polyvore post on the Finals week essentials! 
Yoga pants and Sweaters- A must especially since it is SNOWING and cold here at my University during finals, so being warm and cozy and comfortable is a must.
Coffee & Tea- gotta stay awake for those all night study sessions
Headphones- block out roommates, laughter, or the awkward library silence...
*Hint: Classical music is considered best to listen to when studying
Blanket- cause its winter... and cold... 
Pens and pencils and colorful marker pens- makes writing those vocab words easier
Oversized Tote- For some reason I am into oversized totes atm instead of using a backpack so I picked the above 3 and I have to say my favorite one is the "I like big books & I cannot lie" hahaha;) 
Kinda perfect for all those books we college students lug around!
Water bottle- stay hydrated
Beanie- more comfort and when walking to the library and its cold... want to have something over your ears.
Oh the hair image- super chic and cute but keeps your hair out of the way while your focusing on your studies 


And Its pretty much the same as the midterm one but I thought in this post I would include some study tips I have used this week. 

1. Notecards
Writing down the vocabulary words on them helps you remember them, but the repetition of going through the notecards over and over is a good way to study. 

2. Writing
Write important information over and over, I personally would write these important facts over and over but in different colors each time. Helps make studying a little more fun. 

3. Study Guides 
For all 3 of my finals my professors each gave us study guides, and these were pretty much just the topics listed. So What I did was take those topics, going through my notes and on a Pages Document (Mac's version of Word) I elaborated on all of the topics, creating a study guide for myself. (Which is actually what I need to be doing in a few minutes once this post is done) This was SO useful because I was 1) reading through the information 2) typing the information and 3) kept seeing the information that I was supposed to be studying. And then when you are all done, just read and re-read the study guide. Now depending on what class and what topics your professor gives you will have influence on the amount of time that you will have to spend creating a study guide, but in the end it will really only help you. 

4. Taking Breaks
WHAT? You might be confused, but the average persons brain only holds an attention span of 15-20 minutes. So I use MyTomatoes. << Its a online kitchen timer, you sign up, ITS FREE, and you have a time of 25 minutes to do something, after the timer goes off you type into the box what you did then you get a 5 minute break. The break can be extended up to 20 or 25 mins as well (not sure which). This tool is SO helpful and I highly recommend it! I use it pretty much everyday. 

5. Study in a comfortable environment, where you can get stuff done!!
I normally would be studying at the library, but I know that EVERYONE will be trying to find a spot to study at the library, and our library isn't that big so trying to accomplish anything starts with finding a  spot to study at and during finals there are very few to be found. 
So I am in my dorm room, at my desk. Which is another tip, if your studying in your dorm definitely try to study at your desk and while reclining on your bed because you associate your bed with sleep so when you lay on your bed to study you have a higher risk of falling asleep. 


Alright- I am off to do my own studying! 

XOXO
Kelsey



2 comments:

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)